I really grasped the term snow showers yesterday afternoon when we had a flurry with the softest, biggest, snowflakes that I have ever seen. It seemed too warm for snow, but snow it did, for several hours in the early afternoon. Huge snowflakes fell, melting almost as soon as they hit the ground, yet we still managed some accumulation of the white stuff and this morning it is snowing again. All is calm, and white.
January 19, 2014
This entry was posted on Sunday, January 19th, 2014 at 9:27 am and tagged with Architecture, Local Events, weather and posted in Current Events, Houses, Nature, Salem. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
4 responses to “Snow Showers”
The blog (a portrayal in progress):Somewhat random but still timely posts about culture, history, and the material environment, from the perspectives of academia, Salem and beyond.
Topicsadvertising Antiques Antiques and Collectibles Architecture Art Auctions books British Library Chestnut Street Christmas Collectibles Commemoration Commemorations Crafts Culture Decorative Arts design England ephemera Etsy Exhibitions Fashion Film films Flora and Fauna folklore Food and drink Frank Cousins Garden gardening Gardens Graphic Design great houses Great Salem Fire of 1914 Halloween Historic Preservation holidays Home horticulture House of the Seven Gables illustration Illustrations Interior design Interiors Library of Congress Literature Local Events Maine maps Massachusetts Medieval museums Nathaniel Hawthorne New England Nineteenth Century Peabody Essex Museum Photography Popular Culture Pottery print culture printing Renaissance Salem witch trials Samuel McIntire Seasons Seventeenth Century Shopping Teaching travel Tudors urban planning weather Witch City Witchcraft Witch Trials
Top Posts & Pages
- Green and White streetsofsalem.com/2016/05/26/gre… https://t.co/zPaL2vsOMG 1 day ago
- Elizabethan Caterpillars streetsofsalem.com/2016/05/24/eli… https://t.co/il22KoMPxf 3 days ago
- A white robe of irises. #springflowers @ Ropes Mansion instagram.com/p/BFwFr_gtEg3/ 4 days ago
- How Elizabeth I spent her summer vacations: shakespeareandbeyond.folger.edu/2016/05/20/que… 4 days ago
- More creativity from an @ssuhistory grad! #salemstate16 @ Salem State University instagram.com/p/BFtaq2PNEvV/ 5 days ago
Blog CourtesyI always attribute the images that I use in my blog; if you are going to copy them, please do so as well.