I really grasped the term snow showers yesterday afternoon when we had a flurry with the softest, biggest, snowflakes that I have ever seen. It seemed too warm for snow, but snow it did, for several hours in the early afternoon. Huge snowflakes fell, melting almost as soon as they hit the ground, yet we still managed some accumulation of the white stuff and this morning it is snowing again. All is calm, and white.
Daily Archives: January 19, 2014
Streets of Salem:
Somewhat random but still timely posts about culture, history, and the material environment, from the perspectives of academia, Salem and beyond.
Topicsadvertising American Revolution Antiques Antiques and Collectibles Architecture Art Auctions books Chestnut Street Christmas Collectibles Commemoration Commemorations Culture Decorative Arts design England ephemera Etsy Exhibitions Fashion films Flora and Fauna folklore Food and drink Frank Cousins Garden gardening Gardens Graphic Design great houses Halloween Historic Preservation holidays Home horticulture House of the Seven Gables illustration Illustrations Interior design Interiors Library of Congress Literature Local Events Local History Maine maps Massachusetts Medieval museums Nathaniel Hawthorne New England Peabody Essex Museum Phillips Library Photography Popular Culture Pottery print culture printing Remembrance Renaissance Salem witch trials Samuel McIntire Seasons Seventeenth Century Shopping Teaching travel Tudors urban planning weather Witch City Witchcraft Witch Trials World War I
Top Posts & Pages
- RT @ncph: No, Confederate Monuments Don't Preserve History. They Manipulate It loom.ly/_4rx0Kw 57 minutes ago
- Great idea. twitter.com/johngmarks/sta… 58 minutes ago
- The 99th anniversary of the ratification of the 19th amendment #otd! Here's Marjory Bedinger of #SalemMA, front and… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 hours ago
- RT @marinamaral2: The Boston Public Library needs your help to turn their collection of handwritten correspondence between anti-slavery act… 14 hours ago
- All the Abolitionists decried Judge Edward Greeley after he began enforcing the Fugitive Slave Act in Massachusetts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 18 hours ago
Blog CourtesyI always attribute the images that I use in my blog; if you are going to copy them, please do so as well.