I really grasped the term snow showers yesterday afternoon when we had a flurry with the softest, biggest, snowflakes that I have ever seen. It seemed too warm for snow, but snow it did, for several hours in the early afternoon. Huge snowflakes fell, melting almost as soon as they hit the ground, yet we still managed some accumulation of the white stuff and this morning it is snowing again. All is calm, and white.
Daily Archives: January 19, 2014
Streets of Salem:
Somewhat random but still timely posts about culture, history, and the material environment, from the perspectives of academia, Salem and beyond.
Topicsadvertising American Revolution Antiques Antiques and Collectibles Architecture Art Auctions books Chestnut Street Christmas Collectibles Commemoration Commemorations Culture Decorative Arts design England ephemera Etsy Exhibitions Fashion films Flora and Fauna folklore Food and drink Frank Cousins Garden gardening Gardens Graphic Design great houses Halloween Hamilton Hall Historic Preservation holidays Home horticulture House of the Seven Gables illustration Illustrations Interior design Interiors Library of Congress Literature Local Events Maine maps Massachusetts Medieval museums Nathaniel Hawthorne New England Nineteenth Century Peabody Essex Museum Phillips Library Photography Popular Culture Pottery print culture printing Renaissance Salem witch trials Samuel McIntire Seasons Seventeenth Century Shopping Teaching travel Tudors urban planning weather Witch City Witchcraft Witch Trials World War I
Top Posts & Pages
- Looking for Daniel Bancroft streetsofsalem.com/2019/05/22/loo… https://t.co/5hF4RJC3n7 1 day ago
- RT @washingtonpost: Perspective: Why study history? Because it can save us from democratic collapse. wapo.st/2HKvQN2 1 day ago
- #STOCKS. All you really need to know about colonial history. #stocks #salemstocks #salemma. @ Witch Dungeon Museum instagram.com/p/BxuopTanM67/… 2 days ago
- The first bee familiar I've come across..... twitter.com/Inner_Lives/st… 3 days ago
- 31 Things to do for Preservation Month bostonpreservation.org/news-item/31-t… 3 days ago
Blog CourtesyI always attribute the images that I use in my blog; if you are going to copy them, please do so as well.