Occasional observations—scholarly, impressionistic and materialistic—-of a history professor fortunate to live in one of America’s oldest and (I think) most interesting little cities: Salem, Massachusetts. Somehow, I’d like to tie all of my favorite things together: history and historic preservation, architecture, design and decoration, gardening, shopping and everyday curiosities. Feel free to email me with your comments and suggestions at email@example.com.
85 responses to “About”
The blog (a portrayal in progress):Somewhat random but still timely posts about culture, history, and the material environment, from the perspectives of academia, Salem and beyond.
Topicsadvertising Antiques Antiques and Collectibles Architecture Art Auctions books British Library Chestnut Street Christmas Collectibles Commemoration Commemorations Crafts Culture Decorative Arts design England ephemera Etsy Exhibitions Fashion Film films Flora and Fauna folklore Food and drink Frank Cousins Garden gardening Gardens Graphic Design great houses Great Salem Fire of 1914 Halloween Historic Preservation holidays Home horticulture House of the Seven Gables illustration Illustrations Interior design Interiors Library of Congress Literature Local Events Maine maps Massachusetts Medieval museums Nathaniel Hawthorne New England Nineteenth Century Peabody Essex Museum Photography Popular Culture Pottery print culture printing Renaissance Salem witch trials Samuel McIntire Seasons Seventeenth Century Shopping Teaching travel Tudors urban planning weather Witch City Witchcraft Witch Trials
Top Posts & Pages
- RT @RevolutionPie: Worried about Election Day? Maybe some historic election cake would help. revolutionarypie.com/2016/10/23/ele… via @wordpressdotcom 8 hours ago
- Two Nights in Salem streetsofsalem.com/2016/10/22/two… https://t.co/IG4zpF66ec 1 day ago
- Beautiful orchids for sale today! #lymanestate #historicnewengland @ Lyman Estate Greenhouses instagram.com/p/BL1jHKNFaZF/ 2 days ago
- What became of the Pineapple House? streetsofsalem.com/2016/10/20/wha… https://t.co/NLOxm62OlU 3 days ago
- Salem Lots: the Beautiful and the Damned streetsofsalem.com/2016/10/18/sal… https://t.co/4Z3FCaMPRf 5 days ago
Blog CourtesyI always attribute the images that I use in my blog; if you are going to copy them, please do so as well.