Occasional observations—scholarly, impressionistic and materialistic—-of a history professor fortunate to live in one of America’s oldest and (I think) most interesting little cities: Salem, Massachusetts. Somehow, I’d like to tie all of my favorite things together: history and historic preservation, architecture, design and decoration, gardening, shopping and everyday curiosities. Feel free to email me with your comments and suggestions at email@example.com.
96 responses to “About”
Streets of Salem:
Somewhat random but still timely posts about culture, history, and the material environment, from the perspectives of academia, Salem and beyond.
Topicsadvertising American Revolution Antiques Antiques and Collectibles Architecture Art Auctions books Chestnut Street Christmas Collectibles Commemoration Commemorations Culture Decorative Arts design England ephemera Etsy Exhibitions Fashion films Flora and Fauna folklore Food and drink Frank Cousins Garden gardening Gardens Graphic Design great houses Halloween Hamilton Hall Historic Preservation holidays Home horticulture House of the Seven Gables illustration Illustrations Interior design Interiors Library of Congress Literature Local Events Maine maps Massachusetts Medieval museums Nathaniel Hawthorne New England Nineteenth Century Peabody Essex Museum Phillips Library Photography Popular Culture Pottery print culture printing Renaissance Salem witch trials Samuel McIntire Seasons Seventeenth Century Shopping Teaching travel Tudors urban planning weather Witch City Witchcraft Witch Trials World War I
Top Posts & Pages
- Looking for Daniel Bancroft streetsofsalem.com/2019/05/22/loo… https://t.co/5hF4RJC3n7 1 day ago
- RT @washingtonpost: Perspective: Why study history? Because it can save us from democratic collapse. wapo.st/2HKvQN2 1 day ago
- #STOCKS. All you really need to know about colonial history. #stocks #salemstocks #salemma. @ Witch Dungeon Museum instagram.com/p/BxuopTanM67/… 2 days ago
- The first bee familiar I've come across..... twitter.com/Inner_Lives/st… 3 days ago
- 31 Things to do for Preservation Month bostonpreservation.org/news-item/31-t… 3 days ago
Blog CourtesyI always attribute the images that I use in my blog; if you are going to copy them, please do so as well.