Occasional observations—scholarly, impressionistic and materialistic—-of a history professor fortunate to live in one of America’s oldest and (I think) most interesting little cities: Salem, Massachusetts. Somehow, I’d like to tie all of my favorite things together: history and historic preservation, architecture, design and decoration, gardening, shopping and everyday curiosities. Feel free to email me with your comments and suggestions at email@example.com.
76 responses to “About”
The blog (a portrayal in progress):Somewhat random but still timely posts about culture, history, and the material environment, from the perspectives of academia, Salem and beyond.
Topicsadvertising Antiques Antiques and Collectibles Architecture Art Auctions books British Library Chestnut Street Christmas Collectibles Commemoration Commemorations Crafts Culture Decorative Arts design England ephemera Etsy Exhibitions Fashion films Flora and Fauna folklore Food and drink Frank Cousins Garden gardening Gardens Graphic Design great houses Great Salem Fire of 1914 Halloween Historic Preservation holidays Home horticulture illustration Illustrations Interior design Interiors Library of Congress Literature Local Events Maine maps Massachusetts Medieval Memory museums Nathaniel Hawthorne New England Nineteenth Century Peabody Essex Museum Photography Popular Culture Pottery print culture printing Renaissance Salem witch trials Samuel McIntire Seasons Seventeenth Century Shopping Teaching travel Tudors urban planning weather Witch City Witchcraft Witch Trials World War I
Top Posts & Pages
- Looking at London Markets: spitalfieldslife.com/2015/11/18/lia… 6 days ago
- ISIS executes Chair of Physics Department at the University of Mosul for refusing to develop bioweapons: en.abna24.com/service/middle… 1 week ago
- RT @Disfordiscourse: History of vegetable eaters in seventeenth-century England. Turnip early for the best seats! twitter.com/Strath_English… 1 week ago
- RT @MayorDriscoll: 211 Bridge Open House today-roam the rooms: Scottish Dancers at 3:15, Magician Evan Northrup on till 4:15,live music htt… 1 week ago
- RT @robmmiller: Paris. Harley 4379 f. 3 @BLMedieval https://t.co/sY36L2756B 1 week ago