I really grasped the term snow showers yesterday afternoon when we had a flurry with the softest, biggest, snowflakes that I have ever seen. It seemed too warm for snow, but snow it did, for several hours in the early afternoon. Huge snowflakes fell, melting almost as soon as they hit the ground, yet we still managed some accumulation of the white stuff and this morning it is snowing again. All is calm, and white.
January 19, 2014
This entry was posted on Sunday, January 19th, 2014 at 9:27 am and tagged with Architecture, Local Events, weather and posted in Current Events, Houses, Nature, Salem. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
4 responses to “Snow Showers”
The blog (a portrayal in progress):Somewhat random but still timely posts about culture, history, and the material environment, from the perspectives of academia, Salem and beyond.
Topicsadvertising Antiques Antiques and Collectibles Architecture Art Auctions books British Library Chestnut Street Christmas Collectibles Commemoration Commemorations Crafts Culture Decorative Arts design England ephemera Etsy Exhibitions Fashion films Flora and Fauna folklore Food and drink Frank Cousins Garden gardening Gardens Graphic Design great houses Great Salem Fire of 1914 Halloween Historic Preservation holidays Home horticulture illustration Illustrations Interior design Interiors Library of Congress Literature Local Events Maine maps Massachusetts Medieval Memory museums Nathaniel Hawthorne New England Nineteenth Century Peabody Essex Museum Photography Popular Culture Pottery print culture printing Renaissance Salem witch trials Samuel McIntire Seasons Seventeenth Century Shopping Teaching travel Tudors urban planning weather Witch City Witchcraft Witch Trials World War I
Top Posts & Pages
- RT @FFTTCider: Tea time at Jolie Tea! #shopsmall #shopsalem https://t.co/f42wsp1qLs 10 hours ago
- Very True! twitter.com/FFTTCider/stat… 10 hours ago
- 1692 victim's descendant visits #SalemMA and finds "depressingly kitschy museums" in this month's Vogue: vogue.com/13364260/nosta… 16 hours ago
- Looking at London Markets: spitalfieldslife.com/2015/11/18/lia… 1 week ago
- ISIS executes Chair of Physics Department at the University of Mosul for refusing to develop bioweapons: en.abna24.com/service/middle… 1 week ago